The Polish development studio CD Projekt has announced the development of seven new games. In addition to Cyberpunk 2077 (“Orion”), the next part of the dark and dystopian Cyberpunk franchise, and a completely new three-part Witcher saga, two more witcher games and a new IP are to be released.
New games from the universes of Cyberpunk and Witcher
As part of the CD Projekt Group Strategy Update, the Warsaw-based company has commented on its strategy and plans for the future, including a total of five new games from the world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (test), which are codenamed “Polaris”, ” Canis Majoris” and “Sirius” are being developed, as well as a successor to Cyberpunk 2077 (test).
The developers have already revealed some details about the new games and their basic orientation.
- Orion is the code name for ” the next cyberpunk game that aims to continue the cyberpunk franchise and further explore the potential of this grim future universe.” Orion is being developed by a “brand new CD Projekt studio” in the US, the developer said in its announcement.
- Polaris is the codename for the next installment in the Witcher series, which CD Projekt officially announced back in March this year.
- Polaris will be the beginning of a new three-part saga. After the first part, CD Projekt wants to “release two more Witcher games” and thus create a “new AAA RPG trilogy”. The complete trilogy is scheduled to be released “over a period of six years”.
- The next The Witcher will be based on Epic Games' Unreal Engine 5, but will not appear exclusively in their shop.
- To the game codenamed Canis Majoris, which is said to be “a full-fledged Witcher game separate from the new Witcher saga that begins with Polaris,” little is known about it.
- It will be developed by an outside studio “led by veteran developers who have worked on previous Witcher games,” according to the studio. It is not yet known which developer is working on the project.
- Sirius is the codename of a game set in the The Witcher universe and developed by US developer The Molasses Flood developed with the support of CD Projekt. “It will be different from our previous productions and will offer a campaign with quests and a story in addition to a single player experience,” revealed CD Projekt.
- As a previously completely unknown project, Hadar is said to be CD Projekt's third franchise alongside Cyberpunk and Witcher and “to be developed from the ground up at CDPR”. The project is at a very early stage of the creative process, which means “we're not developing a game yet, we're just working on the basis for this new setting,” according to the Warsaw studio.
< figure class="text-asset text-width text-asset--with-border-bottom">