Terna, consumption falling in August 2023. Renewables are growing

0
72

Terna has taken a new snapshot of Italian electricity consumption. According to the company which manages the national electricity transmission network, in the month of August 2023 the demand for energy in our country is fell by 1.1% compared to the same month of 2022. Overall, energy demand has decreased. stood at 25.7 billion kWh. Looking at the first 8 months of 2023, energy demand in Italy is fell by 4.5% compared to the same period of the previous year.

Like every month, Terna has also involved in calculating the IMCEI index which examines the industrial consumption of so-called “energy-intensive” companies. In the month of August, this index recorded an overall zero change compared to the same month of 2022. In the first 8 months of 2023, the IMCIE index was down 4.5%.

In cyclical terms, the value of electricity demand, seasonally adjusted and corrected by the temperature effect, is growing (+1%) compared to July 2023. The cyclical variation in the IMCEI index is substantially stable (+0.2%). At a territorial level, the trend change in August 2023 is was negative everywhere: -1.4% in the North, -1.1% in the Center and -0.6% in the South and Islands.

RENEWABLES AT 43.8%

By entering more in detail, in August 2023 our country's energy demand is 87.1% was satisfied with national production and, for the remaining share (12.9%), by the balance of energy exchanged with foreign countries. In particular, 22.6 billion kWh were produced in Italy, with a decrease of 3.5% compared to August 2022. Renewables did well which produced a total of 11.3 billion kWh, < strong>covering 43.8% of electricity demand (34.1% in August 2022).

Production from renewable sources is so divided in August: 34.7% hydro, 33.3% photovoltaic, 15.5% wind, 12.6% biomass, 3.9% geothermal. The company which manages the national electricity transmission network highlights that the recovery of production from water sources continues (+49.8%). Photovoltaic continues to grow (+19.8%). Production from wind sources is also growing (+43.8%). On the other hand, production from thermal sources is decreasing (-20.5% with a change of -57.2% in coal production) and geothermal electricity (-3.7%).


Terna adds that looking at the data for the first 8 months of the year, “we observe how the combined effect of the decrease in demand, the increase in imports and the growth of renewable sources has led to a significant contraction in production from thermal source (-16.6%) with a consequent reduction in gas consumption for thermoelectric production estimated at approximately 3.3 billion standard cubic meters compared to the same period of 2022”.

Finally, considering all renewable sources, in the first eight months of 2023 theincrease in capacity in Italyis equal to 3,470 MW, a value higher by approximately 1,733 MW (+100%) compared to the same period of 2022. By extending the analysis to the last 12 months (period September 2022 – August 2023) the increase in capacity it is equal to 4,770 MW.

Small and super powerful? Apple iPhone 14 Pro, buy it at the best price from eBay at 988 euros.