Published 29 March 2023 at 09.16
Domestic. The government must immediately set up a price commission to deal with the high food prices. That's what the Social Democrats demand now.
Share the article
- Lidl's products with reduced and frozen prices – the whole list
- Stefan Ingves is awarded the "Lifetime achievement award"
- "It is not acceptable that prices increase so much"
- Swedish food prices as high as in other EU countries
- Deputy Governor of the Riksbank: We thought inflation would decrease< /li>
Swedish food prices have recently increased faster than in many other comparable countries, which has led the government to blame the development on the grocery stores.
The government has invited the food chains and tasked the authorities with looking at the price trend.
However, this is not enough, according to S. According to the party, the government must immediately set up a price commission tasked with monitoring price trends and doing what is necessary to moderate price increases.
According to the party, the price commission should include all actors from the food chain – from the producer level, the wholesalers and the large food chains. Relevant authorities are also proposed to be included – Statistics Sweden, which monitors price trends, the Swedish Agency for Agriculture, which is responsible for the sector, and the Swedish Competition Authority, which monitors competition conditions.
S also wants to include actors within the so-called civil society in the commission, such as pensioners' organizations, student organizations , the consumer organizations and organizations that work against child poverty.
– The Swedish food prices are skyrocketing and it hits ordinary people extremely hard. Ulf Kristersson and Elisabeth Svantesson must stop dragging their feet. Now we demand that the government establish a price commission quickly, so that we can get control over the price increases, says S economic policy spokesperson Mikael Damberg.