Terna, electricity consumption down in October 2022. Even the industrial ones

0
61

Terna communicated data on electricity consumption in Italy of the month of October 2022. According to reports, 24.6 billion kWh have been consumed in our country. This is a figure that is decreasing by 6.6%compared to the same period in 2021. By taking a snapshot of the first 10 months of the year, the company is able to improve its performance. which manages the national transmission grid added that the demand for electricity in Italy is up by 0.5% compared to the corresponding period of 2021 (-0.4% the adjusted value).

The report also examines industrial consumption which in October recorded a drop. Specifically, the IMCEI index which examines the industrial consumption of companies defined as “energy-intensive”, recorded a decrease of 6.1% compared to the same period of 2021.

October had the same number of working days (21) and an average monthly temperature about 2.8°C higher than in October 2021. The electricity demand figure, seasonally adjusted and adjusted for the temperature effect, resulted in a decrease 6.3%. The temperature of the month of October, in fact, makes a modest contribution to the change in electricity demand. At the territorial level, the October trend variation is it was negative everywhere: -7.1% in the North, -6.7% in the Center and -5.3% in the South and on the islands. In economic terms, the value of electricity demand in October, seasonally adjusted and adjusted by the temperature effect, was down compared to September 2022 (-2.1%).

THE OCTOBER DATA

Entering more specifically, according to the data for the month of October 2022, the demand for Italian electricity is; was 85.7% satisfied with national productionand for the remainder (14.3%) from the balance of energy exchanged with foreign countries. In addition, the net national production is higher than the previous year. amounted to 21.3 billion kWh, a decrease of 4.6% compared to October 2021. Strictly speaking of renewables, these sources produced a total of 6.9 billion kWh, covering 28% of electricity demand, with the following changes compared to October last year: photovoltaic +17.6%, wind -35.9%, water -36.8% and geothermal -3.2%.

The production of renewable sources is essential. been so; divided in October: 30.4% photovoltaic, 26% water, 15.4% wind, 21.6% biomass and 6.6% geothermal. Despite a significant reduction in demand, the overall drop in the production of renewable sources and imports led to a positive change in thermal generation (+2.6% compared to October 2021).


Terna's report adds that it was the coal-fired production maximization program implemented by the Government to contain gas consumption went ahead. In this sense, in October 2022 coal-fired production had an increase of 56% compared to 2021. The import-export balance saw an overall variation of -16.5%, due to a decrease in imports (-10. 1%) and a growth in exports (+107.9%).

Since the September 2022 survey, Terna has begun to add the evolution of the production capacity; renewable installed in Italy. In the first 10 months of 2022, the increase in capacity is expected to be increased. in Italy it exceeds a total of 2,350 MW, recording a growth of +143% compared to the same period of 2021.

Image copyright: belchonock

5G without compromise? Oppo Reno 4 Z, buy it at the best price from Amazon at 273 euros.