Published 27 September 2022 at 13.01
Domestic. From 2023, plastic bottles and metal cans with juice and juice, both concentrate and ready-to-drink, must also be depositable. This also applies to vegetable juices and oat drinks sold in plastic bottles or metal cans.
Like the article på Facebook
Everyone who produces, bottles, imports or sells drinks in Sweden, in plastic bottles or metal cans, must ensure that the bottle or can is part of an approved return system.
New rules mean that more drinks will be covered by the requirement from 2023.
On the one hand, all drinks will be covered by the rules on deposits, not just ready-to-consume drinks, and on the other hand the exception for vegetable, fruit and berry juice will disappear.
< p>Beverages that mainly consist of dairy products are exempted until 2029.
Beverages that must be pantas from 1 January 2023:
• Ready-to-consume beverages that are already included in the return system today
• Ready-to-consume beverage consisting of vegetable, fruit or berry juice
• Juice and juice concentrate to be diluted
Examples of new products that must be pantas:
• Juice, nectar, juice and must, both concentrate and ready-to-drink
• Shots and smoothies
• Oat drink, almond drink, soy drink and similar drinks based on vegetables, grains or legumes
• Rosehip, blueberry, fruit and juice soup
• Vegetable-based drinking soups
In 2021, 88.2 percent of plastic bottles were pledged and the metal cans that were sold in Sweden.