On almost 600 pages, the “Retro-Hardware Bilder-Thread” launched on October 20, 2018 by community member “andi_sco” with its almost 12,000 posts provides great impressions the real hardware pearls from the very active sub-forum “Retro-Ecke”. Hardware from 3dfx, ATi, Nvidia and Intel is represented.
PC hardware, game consoles and much more
In addition to CPUs such as the Intel Pentium III used on the cover and rare graphics cards such as the ATi Radeon X1950 XT from ComputerBase reader “cl4w”, whose 90 nm graphics processor RV580+ was kept at the right temperature with the help of a cooling solution with a Peltier element, are also retro – Game consoles from various generations of the 8-, 16- and 32-bit era are represented in the thread.
The Sega Master Drive II in the PAL version of forum member “ChiliSchaf”, which became a hit especially in Brazil and was offered until 1998.
Originally released in Japan on October 29, 1988, the first real revision of Sega's 16-bit gaming console has received several mods and reveals a very basic motherboard by today's standards.
The reader “Senvo”, who presents a real “retro smartwatch” that can display the time, date and day and measure times “without batteries”, proves that humor in particular is not neglected in the retro corner.
< h2 class="text-width text-h2" id="section_800000_calls_and_uncountable_retroprojects">800,000 views and countless retro projects
The “Retro-Hardware Bilder-Thread” has been accessed more than 800,000 times to date, making it the most popular retro project at the moment and the first port of call for retro fans in the ComputerBase forum.
The community has already brought numerous posts to the ComputerBase home page, especially when it comes to retro:
- Community: Impressions from the retro -Ecke
- Community: Two years of impressions from the retro corner
- Community: Asus A7N8X Deluxe with socket A at the limit
- Community: Pentium MMX and ATi Rage in the reader test
- Community: K7 and 3dfx Voodoo² in the reader test
- Community: Computer from the GDR
The 100 issues of C:B_retro deal with other exciting editorial retro topics.
Bring on the instructions!
In the “From the community” category, the editors repeatedly focus on interesting reader articles from the ComputerBase forum.
The following reader articles from the ComputerBase forum have recently been published secured a place on the homepage:
- AMD Radeon RX 6400
- GeForce 4 MX 4000 with OC
- The Airbus A320 home cockpit
- Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 in reader test
- Ryzen 7 1700X and two Xeon X5460 in a CPU duel
- Steam Deck experience reports first hand
- Mini-ITX power dwarf: Radeon RX 6900 XT and Ryzen 9 5950X under water
- K7 and Voodoo²: A journey back in time to the old days of hardware
< li>AMD, Intel and Nvidia: The ideal gaming PC has been modernized
In order to report even more frequently and up-to-date on new developments and projects from the community in the future the editors ask for information in the thread at any time “From the community: your references to interesting reader articles”.