The version number shows that we are slowly reaching the end of watchOS 8. Apple will soon come with watchOS 9, but now it's time for watchOS 8.6. Unfortunately, there are no new functions that we can use in the Netherlands and Belgium. be useful.
watchOS 8.6 available
The main improvement is the addition of EKG heart movies and irregular heartbeat detection for users in Mexico. In the Netherlands and Belgium this feature has been available for Apple Watch Series 4 and newer for some time.
watchOS 8.6 release notes
For completeness, here's also the watchOS 8.6 release notes:
watchOS 8.6 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Mexico
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Mexico
Information about the security aspects of software updates from Apple can be found on this page: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
Download watchOS 8.6
To perform the update, do the following on the paired iPhone:
- Go to My Watch > General.
- Tap Software Update and wait for the update to download.
- Put the Apple Watch on the charger and wait patiently for the update to install.
While the Apple Watch is updating, keep the paired iPhone nearby so as not to disrupt the update process. Updating the Apple Watch can take a long time, so be patient. In any case, make sure that the connection to the charger is not broken. To complete the installation, it is required to hang the Apple Watch on the charger, so keep that in mind.
You can also update directly via the Apple Watch itself:
- Open the Settings app on the Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Software update.
- Wait for the Apple Watch to search for the update.
- Tap Download.
- After downloading, place the Apple Watch on the Charger. The installation will start automatically.
Failed to install? For watchOS installation problems, read our accompanying article.
Note: keep the comments on-topic, concrete and clear for others. Personal status updates as to whether your download has started/success does not add anything to the discussion. It may also take a little longer before the update is visible. You do not have to report this either. These comments will be deleted.