Published 30 November 2021 at 19.07
Economics. Jerome Powell, chairman of the US Federal Reserve, today signaled a more hawkish policy against inflation – something that causes US stock markets to fall.
Like the article p & aring; Facebook
Inflation in the western world has reached levels not seen in decades. In the United States, politicians and Fed officials have insisted that inflation is “transient.” s Senate on Tuesday. He stated that there is a risk that inflation will be sustained.
– The threat of sustained higher inflation has increased. We will use our tools to ensure that higher inflation does not take hold. “We can now see higher inflation remaining until the middle of next year,” Jerome Powell told Kitco News. “I'm sure we'll discuss that at the next interest rate meeting,” said Jerome Powell. Both Nasdaq and Dow Jones have fallen by about 1.6 percent so far today, at the time of writing.
- Qviberg's warning of inflation: & quot; New Cold War & quot;
- Inflation in Sweden continues to rise
- US inflation 6.2 percent – gold and bitcoin are rising
- Twitter CEO: Now the hyperinflation is here
- Prices are skyrocketing in Germany