SiSoftware Sandra 20/21-R7 receives improved support for Intel Alder Lake with the update to version 31.47 and now for the first time supports the new operating systems Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 LTSC as well as the vNext server based on the Windows 11 kernel. Multi-threading is clearly in focus.
Alder Lake and multi-threading in focus
As the British software house SiSoftware announced in the release notes for the latest update to Sandra 20/21-R7 v31.47, the powerful system, diagnosis and benchmark suite is particularly geared towards multi-threading scenarios and the big.LITTLE concept has been optimized and expanded. Numerous new benchmarks are planned for Intel's new P-Cores (Golden Cove) and E-Cores (Grace Mont) as well as their memory and cache latencies.
We are continuing to make multi-threading improvements across all benchmarks and other modules, including hybrid big/LITTLE architectures, both x86 and ARM. Further scheduling and benchmark optimizations are ongoing.
According to the official release notes, SiSoftware Sandra 20/21-R7 now fully supports Windows 11 as well as Windows Server 2022 LTSC and Windows Server vNext based on Windows 11 for the first time.
- Intel“ Rocket Lake ”(RKL),“ Alder Lake ”(ADL) detection issues
- Fixed BSOD (blue-screen-of-death) with Core Isolation/Memory Integrity enabled on AMD Ryzen systems
- CPU benchmarks:
- Additional Core/Thread selection support
- “big/P Cores Only” (but not threads – thus 8T) – only “Core” cores
- “LITTLE/E Cores Only” (thus 8T) – only “Atom” cores
- “Multi-Threaded big/P Cores” – only “Core ”Cores w/SMT – thus 16T
- “ Single Thread big/P Core ”- (1T) thus single“ Core ”core
- “Single Thread LITTLE/E Core” – (1T) thus single “Atom” core
- Cache Latencies:
- Single-thread testing for shorter benchmark time
- big/LITTLE core latency test (L1D/L1I P/E, L2 P/E , L3)
- Cache Bandwidths:
- Larger transfers improving bandwidth
- big/LITTLE cores bandwidth (L1D/L1I P/E, L2 P/E, L3)
- New Operating System Support:
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2022 LTSC (21H2)
- Windows Server vNext (Windows 11 kernel)
SiSoftware Sandra 20/21-R7 v31.47 – Release Notes
In addition to the new hardware that will appear in the future, platforms that have already been introduced, such as Intel Rocket Lake, will also receive improved support, while various bluescreens were fixed with AMD Ryzen that occurred specifically during the “Core Isolation” and “Memory Integrity” tests.
Download to ComputerBase
The free version SiSoftware Sandra Lite can be downloaded directly as usual can be downloaded from the ComputerBase download area below this message. This offers over 60 different tools with which the system can be analyzed and evaluated in detail.
As alternatives, HWiNFO and AIDA64 with a comparable range of functions are available for download.
SiSoftware Sandra Lite Download
SiSoft Sandra Lite is a comprehensive and free system analysis program.
- Version 20/21-R7 31.47 German