From the community comes a detailed reader test that compares two Vodafone stations with Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 5 for the cable network of the Internet provider Vodafone in terms of ping and data throughput and delivers clear results . Several test scenarios are used in the reader's home environment.
In his reader article “Comparison of the old and new Vodafone station”, the ComputerBase reader “Killer Attacks” has the old Vodafone Station with WLAN according to Wi-Fi 5, formerly IEEE 802.11ac, compete against the recently introduced new Vodafone station with Wi-Fi 6, formerly IEEE 802.11ax, and performed performance measurements with regard to latency, throughput and power consumption.
< p class = "p text-width">The new Vodafone station with Wi-Fi 6 was particularly convincing in terms of lower power consumption, which could be reduced from 16 watts to now 10 watts, and when measuring power with an iPad at a distance of 5 meters through two walls.
The exchange of the fully functional router via Vodafone was also not a problem.
I am an existing Vodafone customer and use the old one Vodafone station. After Computerbase reported there was now a new Vodafone station with Wi-Fi 6, I called customer service and asked for a replacement. This was possible without any problems.
Killer attacks, community member
There were no exchange fees for the ComputerBase reader, nor was a contract extension necessary. The old Vodafone station with Wi-Fi 5 only had to be sent back to Vodafone within 12 days.
Questions and suggestions as well as praise and criticism about the reader's article in the comments As always, reports and in the forum are expressly desired.
Bring the notes!
In the “From the Community” category, the editorial team is always focusing on interesting reader articles from the ComputerBase forum.
The following reader articles from the ComputerBase forum have recently been published secured a place on the start page:
- Case Mod with copper from “minimii”
- The 11 ° C cellar-MO- RA from “Youngtimer”
- Quake in the benchmark in the retro forum by “kryzs”
- The self-made 10-inch server by “JustOne”
- Curve Optimizer Guide for AMD Ryzen 5000 by “Verandry”
- Ryzen controller for undervolting AMD APUs by “andi_sco “
- The Yoga Slim 7 Pro in the reader test from the community of” Der_Picknicker “
- The Huawei Mate 10 Pro as NAS with WebDAV and DynDNS from” Kettenhunt “
- Internet via satellite in a practical test from the community of “QuerSiehsteMehr”
- Realize your own Dreamcast Online with the DreamPi by “merlin123”
- Play online with the Sega Saturn and Sega NetLink from ” merlin123 “
- Does a Pentium N3710 still make sense in 2021? by “andi_sco”
- Optimizing Ryzen 5000 using Curve Optimizer by “Foxel”
- GPU support from upHere in the reader test by “Darklordx”
In order to be able to report more frequently and more up-to-date on new developments and projects from the community in the future, the editors ask for information in the thread “From the community: Your information on interesting reader articles”.