watchOS 8 is the latest major update to the Apple Watch. There are several new features in watchOS 8, such as the new Photos app for the Apple Watch. But with such a major update, something can always go wrong. The first bugs have now been fixed by Apple in watchOS 8.0.1.
watchOS 8.0.1 available
Some users notice that notifications do not always arrive properly on the Apple Watch since watchOS 8. So we hope this problem is now solved for everyone. However, most of the new bugs are in iOS 15, so this update for the Apple Watch is a bit more limited. Apple has mainly focused on two problems with the Apple Watch Series 3. Nevertheless, the update is available for everyone with watchOS 8 to download, even if you don't have an Apple Watch Series 3.
These are the release notes of watchOS 8.0.1:
This update includes improvements and bug fixes for your Apple Watch.
- For some Apple Watch Series 3 users, the progress of software updates may not be accurately displayed
- For some users of the Apple Watch Series 3 may not have accessibility settings available
For more information about the security aspects of Apple software updates, see the following website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Download watchOS 8.0.1
To perform the update, do the following on the paired iPhone:
- Go to My Watch > General.
- Tap Software Update and wait for the update to download.
- Put the Apple Watch on the charger and wait patiently for the update to install.
While the Apple Watch is updating, keep the paired iPhone nearby so as not to disrupt the update process. Updating the Apple Watch can take a long time, so be patient. In any case, make sure that the connection to the charger is not broken. To complete the installation, it is required to hang the Apple Watch on the charger, so keep that in mind.
You can also update directly via the Apple Watch itself:
- Open the Settings app on the Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Software update.
- Wait for the Apple Watch to search for the update.
- Tap Download.
- After downloading, place the Apple Watch on the Charger. The installation will start automatically.
Failed to install? For watchOS installation problems, read our accompanying article.
Note: keep the comments on-topic, concrete and clear for others. Personal status updates as to whether your download has started/success does not add anything to the discussion. It may also take a little longer before the update is visible. You don't have to report this either. These comments will be deleted.