Published 25 August 2021 at 12.08
Abroad. The police officer who killed the unarmed Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt in connection with the riot at the congress in January avoids completely disciplinary action, reports NPR.
Like the article p & aring; Facebook
Ashli Babbitt was one of the protesters who entered the Capitol in connection with the high-profile riots on January 6.
A camera captured when she was shot by an African-American police officer inside in the building. The policeman stood by and aimed at her, while she tried to open a door, before he shot her in the throat.
The authorities have consistently refused to reveal the identity of the policeman.
The Congress police has carried out its own investigation of the incident, which is now said to show that the police officer did not do anything wrong. It refers to the fact that a police officer has the right to use lethal force to protect other people's lives, including his own, writes NPR.
The riot at the congress
- At least four police officers have & quot; committed suicide & quot; after the Capitol chaos
- Settled in the Vice President's chair – risks 30 years in prison
- The FBI is singled out for starting the storm
- Putin's answer when NBC asks if he's a killer
- Still secret which police executed Ashli Babbitt