Published 10 June 2021 at 19.45
Abroad. Right-wing activist Ashli Babbitt died after being shot in cold blood during a riot at the Capitol in January. Now her family is suing Washington DC to find out the identity of the police officer who shot her, reports CNBC.
Like the article p & aring; Facebook
Since the so-called storming of the Congress in Washington, the media has consistently portrayed the event as a “deadly” attempted coup.
In retrospect, however, it is clear that the only person who died as a result of any violence during the incident was Ashli Babbitt, a female protester who was shot by a plainclothes police officer inside the building.
An earlier investigation established that there was no reason to investigate the police behind the fatal shooting. The identity of the police is still kept secret.
On the internet, commentators have asked themselves what it would look like if it was instead an African who had been shot dead by a white police officer.
Ashli Babbitt's family is now demanding in a lawsuit against the police in Washington DC that the name of the police be made public. The family also demands access to video footage from the incident, statements from witnesses and other documents that could clarify the death.
In the past, the family has also sued the Capitolium police for “more than 10 million dollars”, according to information from a lawyer.
The tumult at the congress
- Police at the Capitol died a natural death
- FBI provocateurs led congressional riot
- The police who according to Morgan Johansson & quot; were killed by the mob & quot; is believed to have died of an allergic reaction
- Here, Aftonbladet's true witness & quot; John, 26 & quot; for the riots in the Capitol
- Morgan Johansson lies about police assassination at the congress – flags for action against SD